Thursday, June 25, 2009

Welcome to My First Blog

Well, this is a first for me. Never done any blogging and don't know what the heck I'm doing. I'm a sewer and quilter who sells through Etsy.com. Here's a link to my shop:

http://www.tracydesigns.etsy.com

I've been on Etsy for about a month and I'm having more fun than I've had in years. I'm a member of the following street teams:

Quiltsy
Quilts and Heirlooms
Etsy for Autism

TheQuiltsy street team is by far the most active. I've been with this group for just a couple weeks and already I feel like I'm among friends. I've entered a batik charm swap and I'm currently waiting for the deadline to pass (early July) so I can receive the mixed-up 100 batik charms in exchange, which everyone is then challenged to make a quilt out of. I can't wait...I purchased some suiting fabric (the type of fabric that men's suits are made of) in a dark gray and plan to use that as a background for the gorgeous batiks in hopes it will make their bright colors pop. I've already made a purse out of the suiting fabric and some of the batik fabric I had leftover from cutting my charms. This purse will be listed on Etsy in the next day or so, along with some fabric coasters and wristlet keychains I've made in the last few days.

Well, off for now...

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment